The Kiwanis Club of Cape Coral announces their next Blood Drive …..May 29 from 12pm to 5pm at the Cape Coral Kiwanis Hall
360 Santa Barbara Blvd S, Cape Coral, FL 33990
We need people that are healthy and willing to donate blood.
To SignUP go to…………………. https://signup.com/go/gLjSMuu
Lee Health facilities are following the Governor’s phase I plan for reopening Florida and for the safe resumption of medical services. We have developed a thoughtful plan to safely resume services including physical distancing. When you arrive you will see that all employees are wearing masks and other protective gear, and we are asking that all patients wear a cloth or paper mask as well to their appointment. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you.
1. When you arrive go to the check in table it will be under the porte-cochère (is a covered structure at the primary entrance to a building that allows occupants to exit motor vehicle while being protected from the weather. )
2. After checking in you will be given a clipboard to complete.
3. Find a chair at the table provided. The chairs will be 6′ apart.
4. You will stay at the table until they call your name. While you wait snacks and water will be provided to you. You can wait in your car after you check in. Please advise the attendee if you chose to sit in your car.
5. When your name is called your will need walk to the Blood Drive Bus.
Blood Drive Donor requirements
To donate blood, you must:
- Weigh at least 115 pounds
- Be at least 17 years old, or 16 with parental consent (form attached)
- Provide photo ID, if new donor
Reasons you may be deferred from donating
There are several reasons a potential donor is deferred from donating, including:
- Currently ill — cold, flu, sore throat — or being treated for an illness.
- Recent dental surgery (no infection and off antibiotics) body piercing
- Other blood or plasma donation within the last eight weeks
- History of hepatitis
- Positive HIV test
- Traveling to some countries