We know that volunteering a portion of our time is something we should do. There are reminders all around us that our help is needed. Other people will significantly benefit from any time we contribute. But that is not the only reason to volunteer.
Have you thought about the benefits you will get from volunteering? If you consider the many benefits you will receive, you will be asking yourself why you aren’t more involved with helping a cause. There are countless ways and places to volunteer. Consider these 18 reasons to volunteer some of your time:
1. To make new friends
2. To build personal and professional contacts
3. To build your self-esteem and self-confidence
4. To develop new job skills
5. To make a difference in the world
6. To increase personal satisfaction
7. To add experience to your resume
8. To develop people skills
9. To develop communication skills
10. To do something as a family
11. To explore career possibilities
12. To feel needed and appreciated
13. To share your skills with others
14. To be challenged
15. To do something different
16. To earn academic credit
17. To improve your health
18. To have fun!
We have many volunteer opportunities available. You will get more out of your volunteer experience than you put into it.
Giving your time and talent to a worthy cause can benefit you as well as others.
You can volunteer at either of our Thrift Stores or at any of our many events. Volunteering with us is rewarding and a great way to give back to our community.
Don’t hesitate to identify and donate some of your time to a worthy volunteer opportunity. You will be glad you did.
If you are interested in knowing more how you can be involved and volunteer with us, visit Kiwanis Club Cape Coral
Kiwanis Club of Cape Coral
360 Santa Barbara Blvd S, Cape Coral, FL 33990